Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DO I GET THE BEST LIFE OUT OF MY CANDLE?
Follow these steps to ensure a clean, even burn and maximize the life of your candle.
- First of all, please never ever leave a burning candle unattended! Thanks!
- Trim the wick! Trim your wick to 1/4" before every burn. A properly trimmed wick is crucial. Trim using a wick trimmer, scissors or finger nail clippers work great! If you need to, you can break off the cooled, burnt wick with your fingers, but that can be a little messy.
- Always allow your candle to reach a full melt pool, this happens when the wax melts to the edges of the jar. It takes about two hours for this to happen. Extinguishing your candle too soon can cause the candle to tunnel during the next burn.
- Limit the length of each burn to no more than 4 hours at a time. When there is approximately 1/2" of unmelted wax left in the bottom of the jar please discontinue use. Allowing the wax to melt all the way to the bottom of the glass can cause breakage.
- Cleaner burning. Soy contains no toxins or carcinogens and are less likely to trigger allergies. Soy produces minimal soot when burning. Unlike the carbon soot like you get when burning petroleum-based paraffin candles.
- Longer lasting. Soy wax burns cooler which means that your candle will last a lot longer than a paraffin candle.
- Supports American Farmers. We use 100% Soy wax made from soybeans grown on American farms.
WHY CEDAR AND HONEY SOY CANDLES?
- We use only high quality, phthalate free fragrance and essential oil blends.
- Our candles do not contain dyes or other additives.
- Our wicks are 100% braided cotton and contain no lead or zinc.
- Each candle is carefully handpoured in small batches in our home studio.